Whether outfitting a sprawling new home on the Utah slopes or a two-bedroom prewar apartment in the heart of the Big Apple, Andrew Flesher’s goal is to approach design from the outside in – first ensuring that a space works well, then imbuing it with livable luxury and a timeless aesthetic.
Previously co-head of the firm Gunkelman Flesher in Minneapolis and now owner of Andrew Flesher Interiors, Flesher has offices in both New York and Minneapolis where he works on full-service, custom residential, commercial and hospitality projects worldwide. He designed a room in the 2009 Kips Bay Designer Showhouse; his work has been featured in House Beautiful, Metropolitan Home, House and Garden and more; and he has been quoted as a home expert in O at Home, InStyle and The New York Times.
We asked Andrew Flesher what he currently has on his desk, and here's what he had to say:
- My iPhone – I'm connected to it all day and would be lost without it.
- My favorite sculpture of an owl – It was given to me by my best friend when I turned 40. She named it "the wise old owl".
- My favorite scent – Alora Ambiance "Argume." It infuses a room with a clean, fresh and citrusy scent.
- One of my favorite books - "Family Houses" by Beta-Plus. I love the modern take on country houses.
- Samples and floor plan from a project I am currently working on – a large family weekend retreat in the Adirondacks.