1) Teddy Bear Tea is always a festive favorite for children, parents, and grandparents. It’s an opportunity to get dressed up, bring your favorite teddy bear, and enjoy family time in the City at the Ritz Carlton. I always looked forward to this when our children were young. Book Early!
2) Take a day trip to Half Moon Boy to pick out your Christmas Tree. Santa’s Tree Farm is open year-round. Then lunch at the former Ritz Carlton or Half Moon Bay Brewing Co overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
3) Macy’s 32nd Annual Union Square Christmas Tree Lighting. Take center stage beneath the tree or book a hotel room across the street at the St Francis Hotel —sip, socialize and watch as the sparkling lights illuminate Union Square. Nothing says Christmas like a big light tree. And as of November 3rd book your tickets for a spin around the Union Square Ice Rink.
4) Festive Fun at the exquisite and historic Fairmont Hotel. Gingerbread house ribbon cutting Saturday, November 27th at 11 AM. Consider booking Santa’s Suite. You’re never too young to book Santa’s Suite and dine on chocolate and candy canes. What a perfect place for Mr. and Mrs. Claus to wrap gifts!
5) The Nutcracker is also a holiday favorite. From San Francisco and Oakland to San Jose and the Silicon Valley — get your tickets to this beautiful holiday extravaganza.
6) Cookie and ginger house decorating. This is a tradition that can be done in your own home with your family or a group of friends. This cheerful and creative tradition never gets old - and it’s perfect for everyone — young and old.
Cavallo Point Festive Traditions
Ferry Building Marketplace Holiday Events