Located in South of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, Belize offers a Caribbean paradise to travelers from around the world.
Interesting to Know:
- LOCATION: Easily accessible with direct flights from more than nine major U.S. cities: Houston, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, New York, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, and Los Angeles
- GEOGRAPHY: A lush country with jungles and rivers, amazing islands, and clear Caribbean waters that is rich cultural history.
- LANGUAGE: The only country in Central America that has English as its official language.
- POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT: Long-time democratic stability as an independent member of the British Commonwealth.
- GOVERNMENT SUPPORT: Strong desire and interest in attracting foreign investors.
- POPULATION: One of the least densely populated countries in the Americas; approximately 350,000 people.
- CURRENCY: Belize dollar is fixed 2:1 against U.S. dollar, and is accepted everywhere.
- PROPERTY RIGHTS: English Common Law allows both foreigners and Belizeans equal protection with 100 percent fee simple title.
- PROPERTY TAXES: Extremely low.
- TOURISM: In the last four years, tourism of overnight guests increased by 25 percent.
- 60 percent of tourists are from the U.S., 13 percent are from Canada
- FRIENDLY PEOPLE: English-speaking and some of the biggest smiles you will find anywhere.
- DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS: Several 1000+ acre developments in progress. Land for sale.
- CRUISE LINES: Norwegian Cruise Lines recently signed a 30-year, $50 million agreement.
- Purchasing real estate in Belize is simple and secure!
- As a member of the British Commonwealth, Belize has a legal system based on British law.
- Foreigners have same property rights in Belize as local citizens and can own beachfront property.
- Belize has no capital gains or inheritance taxes and a growing offshore banking sector.
Kristin Fisher is happy to assist you with your next trip to Belize!
- Assistance with International Air to Philip Goldson International Airport (BZE)
- Local flight to Ambergris Caye or Placencia
- Hotel accommodations
- Visit to the Belize Sotheby’s International Realty office
- Daily itinerary including tour of properties and fun activities