Patterns and styles in vogue this fall season:
- Bold accent colors that put a smile on your face are definitely going to be popular this fall. Anything from Persimmon to Citrus Green will add warmth and brightness when the seasons change.
- Wallpaper is back! Not the vintage foil or traditional damasks from the past, but handmade varieties: embossed, gold-leafed, flecked, or even paintable wall coverings make great focal points.
- Having a mural or “urban graffiti” painted on an interior wall is a creative way to give exclusivity to a design.
- Pairing sleek, modern furnishings with rustic details is a design trend that will last, providing cozy comfort to a home.
A few quick ways people can update their homes’ interiors for a more autumn-like vibe:
- Sugary, toasty, and spicy scents make the interior of a home feel more like fall. Bowls or baskets of potpourri are decorative as well as fragrant. Jarred candles can provide irresistible aromas like apple cider, cinnamon sugar, or spiced pumpkin, which are welcoming when the weather turns colder.
- Pumpkins and gourds now come in a sensational variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. Use a grouping of them on a table or countertop to incorporate autumn’s splendor inside your home.
- For a warmer, cozier feel this autumn, switch out accent pillows with fall-inspired hues and textures. A deep color palette and plush materials like chenille, velvet, and silk are great alternatives for fall.
- Replacing crisp, bright summer bath towels with warmer tones such as Cinnamon, Saffron, or Marigold will fill the bathroom with fall color.
- Decorating for fall using dinnerware will bring layers of color, shape and texture to the dining room. Mix and match round, square, or scrolled dishes in rich Paprika, Ginger, or Bronze stoneware with silver or gold metal chargers for a beautiful autumn table.