Even for the ultra-rich, some of America’s luxury real estate might be out of reach. For the top tier, though, there are some listings that meet their needs and fall inside their budgets. With that, Realtor.com points out the top five most expensive properties in the US.
5. Coming in at number five is Shelter Island estate in Montana. Its $78 million price tag gets you a 24,000-square-foot estate near Glacier National Park. The great room features 45-foot ceilings, and an outdoor heated portico adds an additional 10,000 feet of living space. If the price tag is right at the end of your budget, this home may not be for you: owners must afford a boat, since the only way to access the property is by watercraft.
4. Number four is Bradbury Estate in Bradbury, CA. The 30,000-square-foot home comes in at $78.8 million. It includes a heated trout pond and an underground shooting range for the sportsman. There’s also a 3D movie theater and a 2,000-bottle wine cellar for entertaining. Outdoors, it features an unusual crucifix-shaped swimming pool.
3. At number three is Woolworth Mansion Estate in New York City. The seven story, 20,000-square-foot home is priced at $90 million and features stained glass windows. It also boasts an opulently decorated drawing room and dining room.
2. The second most expensive listing in America is Fleur de Lys in Los Angeles. The $125 million home features 40,000-square-feet of living space that includes a ballroom, screening room and indoor jogging track. The home also features a library fully equipped with rare first edition books.
1. Topping the list is the mansion that was once the home of the late Gianni Versace in Miami. The home dubbed Casa Casuarina lists at $125 million. The 10-bedroom, 11-bathroom 23,400-square-foot home features hand painted frescoes on the walls and has a signature outdoor swimming pool lined with 24 kt gold.